Monday, April 30, 2012

Big news! For me, at least.

It's almost time! Just one more month. One month that I thought I would be spending up here, in the great white North, but now I'M GOING HOME!!! I love my home. I love Georgia. I love not having to wear a jacket in April and May. And next week, I'll be able to enjoy these thing I love. Yes!

But about my trip. I am going to be in Cameroon from June to July, then I'll be back in Atlanta in August and back in Canada (and at school) in September. I've got my whole summer planned out. It's great!

Okay, so seriously, now. About my trip. I have more information about what I'll be doing, which is very exciting. I will be working in various places, traveling around and encouraging. I'll be spending two weeks in Lamnso (one in June and one in July) helping with literacy classes and scripture engagement. Everything in Lamnso will be in the Lamnso language, so I won't be able to do too much to actually help in the classes, but I'll be sharing why I think mother tongue scriptures are important and observing (which, for me would be really fun. I can sit and listen to other languages for hours, especially when I have a chance to actually figure out the language).

Sometime while I'm there I'll also be able to work at children's camps! And actually work, because they are mostly conducted in English. If you know me, you know this is my passion. (Okay, I've got a lot of passions, but working with kids is something I truly enjoy.) For three years I worked with Hispanic children in Georgia, and that was the best thing I could have ever done. I learned so much from them and I hope I taught them something. Mostly, I became really close to God because I realized I had to be in order to actually help others come to Him. And in doing so, I realized how much He actually moves through my life and how much He can use me. I saw how He loved me and provided for me, and I saw how He was going to use me. It was amazing. it still is amazing. And now I get a chance to use what I learned in Georgia over in Cameroon. DO YOU SEE THIS?! God was preparing me for this trip starting four years ago (Okay, not specifically this trip, maybe, but He was preparing me for the future and knew I would need experience in children's camps)! His plan is the greatest and the most powerful.

I'm not completely sure what else I'll be doing, and I wouldn't be surprised if my time is more, "Oh, hey, you're free this week. How about going to these people and sharing your vision/testimony/time/etc?" Of course, they could have a schedule for me and just haven't told me yet, but who knows? I've decided to trust God with this. He has provided for me in everything else, and He knows how to best use me in Cameroon. Have I mentioned that God is amazing? Because He is amazing me.

God is good, all the time. ALL THE TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment