Saturday, March 1, 2014

Team Spotlight: Rebekah

We are quite officially a team and getting to know each other, so it is with great joy that I bring you the spotlight on Rebekah Schumacher.

So here is a little but about me. I am Rebekah Schumacher. I am 22 years old and just finishing up my BA in Linguistics at Trinity Western University (TWU) in Langley, BC. I've grown up here in Langley and so am still at home with my parents. I am the youngest of four siblings.

I was so excited when I read a short blurb about this trip back in November in an e-newsletter I recieve fom within the linguistics community at TWU. I knew I wanted to do a short term trip with Wycliffe at some point in the next year or so to explore more about how I could fit into the work that they do This blurb just jumped out at me as soon as I read Cameroon as I know a lady who is part of the Ndop Plains Cluster project currently working with the Bamakumbit language. I have been inspired by her work and her stories. I am so excited to be able to experience a bit of what her life is like and to allow God to direct me in what He may have for me to do in the future.

The timing and everything of the trip is just perfect as it is just after grad for me and I really did not have any clear plans in place yet. I did not have to go searching for this opportunity, God simply placed it in my lap for me to pursue. Now I must trust in his provision for the trip.

I am excited to see how God is going to work in and guide each one of us through this journey together.

~Rebekah~

No comments:

Post a Comment