Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Teammate Spotlight: Sheldon Pon

Here's what Sheldon says about who he is:

I am a fourth year linguistics student attending the University of Calgary with one more full year to go, because it took me a couple of years to end up in the program. I really love what I am taking, and when I heard from Kevin Derksen about this trip to Cameroon at one of Wycliffe's cafe nights, I knew right away that this trip could be for me. I have never done any cross-cultural missions work and have wanted to for a while, so not only was this a good opportunity for that but also the trip is related to what I am studying, which is really exciting! I have been fascinated with the Bible translation process ever since I started to learn about Wycliffe, so being able to see a project in action and even assisting in some ways will truly be a great blessing and I am thankful for this opportunity.

I was always a little unsure as to what I would do with my degree and although I still haven't figure it out completely I think it would be awesome to work with Wycliffe, so this trip will not only be a great cross-cultural experience for me but also an eye-opener as to what it looks like to be a part of Wycliffe.


~ Sheldon

Check back for more spotlights coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment