Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Some pictures for you!

This is Cameroon. It is surrounded by Nigeria, Chad, The Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and the Republic of Congo. The little island you cannot really see on this map is the Bight of Bonny  

This is a close-up of Cameroon. Here, you can kind of see Yaounde, which is where the team will be from May 17th to 25th. Then we will travel to the Aghem people, which I would point out on this map where they are, but I don't know where they are... On June 24th we will travel to Kribi where we will debrief and do some final projects. On July 4th, we will leave Cameroon and arrive....

here, in the city where I've lived since September. As much as I love my new friends, my college, and the family I've gotten close to up here in Toronto, this is not where I want to fly into on my mom's birthday. But! If we all hope hope and pray and the Wycliffe people decide to be nice and reunite a poor home-bound student...
I can fly here, to this beautiful, wonderful state which I miss so much... Oh Georgia. How I love thee and miss thee. And come on. It's my mom's birthday. How awesome would it be to fly in and see my mom for the first time in seven months on her birthday? Can you say best birthday present in the world? I can.


So, there are some pictures of where I'll be from May to July. In my next post, I'll talk more about CABTAL - Cameroon Association of Bible Translation and Literacy.  But first, I need to do a little more research on them. I'll probably get really fired up about what they are doing and want to post right away once I find out more about them, so be on the lookout sometime in the next week for another post. It would be sooner, but I have an essay due, and that's kind of important... Just a little.

As always, pray that the team leaders, Jessica and Sarah, and Wycliffe will find the right people to come on this team. Pray there will be enough people to make a team. I sent in my application and deposit, and donations are starting to be promised to me, so pray I will make the team and God will give me the means to go, because I currently have $5.14 to my name. (Don't worry. I'm at college. I don't have a life to spend money on, anyway.) Pray the world will be spread about Bible translation and even if a team does not go that the Aghem people will see what a benefit this will be and accept their new written alphabet.

God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good.



1 comment:

  1. I'll pray for you Karima! This is the chance of a lifetime. I wish I could go with you but I will live vicariously through you. Blessings to everyone on the team and to the people in Cameroon. Amen!

    Love Amber.

    ReplyDelete