Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh dear me.

There is so much I have to do. And since there is so much, I'm going to keep this brief. This is just going to be a few prayer requests and an update so anyone who reads this can know what I'll be doing in the next few days.

First off, I have to apply for a visa to go to Cameroon. This really isn't too difficult and when I called they said it only takes seven business days, so that's not so bad. Hopefully I'll have one by next Friday.

I also have to get shots. 5 shots. Five. I hate getting shots. So much. And these aren't going to be cheap. I have to get yellow fever, hepatitis A, typhoid, meningitis, and polio shots and that comes to be $428. For shots. Oh my word. I don't know how people who don't believe in God can afford to go to Africa. If it weren't for God, I wouldn't have the money at all, and I'm just barely scrapping by as it is. (Speaking of which, if anyone feels like God is calling them to donate, please let me know. I'd love to take your money.)

Some of you are wondering how I'm getting there. Well, I'm happy to say I sent in my passport information yesterday and am waiting to have my seat booked. That's one thing, thank goodness, that I can check off the list of things to do.

I will also be presenting at my church now, and, quite frankly, that is really stressful for me. What am I supposed to say? I can hardly form coherent sentences when I'm talking to my friends and I start shaking and get really nervous when a teacher calls on me to answer a yes or no question. I'm really no good in front of people. Oh dear. I will have to pray that God puts the right words in my mouth and I am able to speak them coherently.

Those are some of the things I have to do.

If you could please just pray that I finish everything, and my visa comes back without a hitch, that would be wonderful. Pray for me as I am really stressed about everything right now. It seems like there is so much to do, but I can only do a limited amount because I don't have all the money yet. Pray that the funds will come in. I trust God to provide, but I feel like He is stretching my trust right now. Pray that I will be able to have the correct mind-set and won't wear myself out in the preparations. Pray that I will be of some use in Cameroon and will be able to learn and grow spiritually while I'm there. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be stressed friend. I'm praying for you and God will give you the words He wishes you to speak to those at your church, on your trip and upon your return. You are going to be a radiant light and inspire so many along the way! He is so faithful, remember how this trip came about! I only know a little of the story but it was a wonderful blessing to hear.

    God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
    You are going to do great and it will all come through in time!!!

    ReplyDelete