Sunday, July 15, 2012

More old posts!

I just found these on my computer. As you can see by the days, they actually happened before my last post. Sorry! And to keep the post shorter, I'm splitting them up. These are from my days in Kumbo and at Little House. I can't believe it was only 2 weeks ago... It feels like ages!


Day 8:

I went to the super market and the internet cafĂ© today. I didn’t want to bother with a taxi and I did want to walk, so I walked. It was further than I thought it would be, but that really wasn’t the problem. I wore the completely wrong shoes. I knew I was going to walk, so I really should have worn my sandals or tennis shoes, but no.  My feet regret it. I have more blisters from my forty minute walk than from the four mile walk I took Monday. Ridiculous.

I finally got my tea, though! Yay!

What am I doing intern-wise? Good question. :D I typed up all my findings about Lamnso’. Some I copied directly from a book teaching native speakers how to read and write, some I learned myself, but all of it is helpful. I should make it into a little book. Level 1 Lamnso’. I’d read it.

Next week I have more to do, however. I think I’ll be working at a VBS. That’s exciting. Kids are fun. The other day I saw three tiny little kids, the oldest couldn’t have been more than five, walking a dog. I was hoping I’d see them again, so I could talk to them, but I haven’t yet.

And that was my day. Nothing terribly exciting and I promised I’d try to keep it short, so this is it. I’m just writing this as a go, so e-mail me if you have any questions or want to hear about something specifically. It may take me a while, but I’ll e-mail you back eventually! Sarahkarima@gmail.com

Day 10:

Yesterday I didn’t do much. I went to church and had dinner at Pastor Sam’s house. Everyone was sitting around in the living room and I was at a writing desk eating. It was not what I’m used to.

I also spent an excessive amount of time staring out my window waiting for a little bird to come onto a branch so I could take a picture of him. There are about three of these little sparrows who hang out in the tree outside my window. They’re really cute and I’m going to get a picture! Eventually.

Today I went to the VBS. That was fun. I don’t really have a job, so I’m just watching. There are three women who are working it and maybe 40 kids showed up. It was really crazy, though. I felt like God set up the memory verse just for me. I was really anxious because instead of just being at the translation center most of the day, I was going to be traveling around, working at the VBS and going to literacy classes, and was really scared about what was going to happen and if I was going to do something silly or be completely lost. And then they started teaching the memory verse and I was this close to busting out laughing it was so perfect. The verse was 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” I have to keep remembering, God brought me here. Not anyone else. He won’t let me totally mess up and He has a plan for me.

Which brings me to the next God-coincidence that happened today. They asked me to teach the verse on Wednesday, and my verse is Proverbs 3:5-6. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.” I’ve been reading Proverbs and, right before I came to Cameroon, read this verse. It really spoke to me then and reminded me God had a plan for me, if I went to Cameroon or not. And now I’m here and I feel like God is to reminding me to lean on Him. Even though I’m here, I’ll still have worries and troubles, so I have to remember to give them all to Him and trust that He will make my paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment