Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My visa came!!

In case you didn't get the full force of the title...

MY VISA CAME!!


Hooray! God is so good!

It is pretty sweet. I mean, I've had stamps in my passport before, but this one.. it looks all official. Yeah. And it's right at the front, lie it's saying, "Yo. I'm important. This girl has permission to go to Cameroon. Let her through." because, you know, that's what visas say, in a nutshell.

I still need monies, and if you'd like to donate, that would be wonderful. Having to reschedule my flight from last Friday has bumped my budget up to $5,770 or so (that's Canadian, for all you Americans out there) and I may have to change it again.

Let me explain.

I was freaking out last Thursday because my visa hadn't come and I didn't know what to do. I could barely get in touch with anyone all day and Friday my contact in Cameroon was leaving and so was my travel agent, who could change or cancel my ticket, so I had to get it all sorted out by Thursday 4 pm EST. At one I was e-mailing Sandrine saying my visa hadn't come and asking her what to do. It took me about five minutes after sending it to realize... It was 6 pm in Cameroon and she wasn't in the office. So, after e-mails and phone calls and more e-mails and not a small amount of tears, I cancelled my plane ticket. About five seconds after that, we decided that was a bad idea because it would take a while for the money to be refunded and that's not good, so it was decided I should just reschedule for a flight next Friday and we'll work from there. It was too late that day, but the lovely lady in charge of booking my ticket managed to change it today. So, long story made a little bit shorter, I have a flight for this Friday, but I still haven't heard from Sandrine. I will, almost positively, be leaving either this Friday or the end of June and be staying later into August.

And that's the story thus far. God willing there will be no more bumps in the road, but He's tested me a lot these last few weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if He tested me again. I just have to keep moving forward and asking Him for guidance.

Good is good all the time. All the time God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment