Monday, June 4, 2012

It's been awhile.

Everything is coming together, slowly but hopefully soon.

Ah! Things are still moving with my visa, as I was going to talk about, but then I was e-mailed the program for my first week in Cameroon! So yes, please pray for my visa and that it comes in on time. But instead of griping about that... Guess what I'm doing my first week!!

I arrive in Cameroon on Saturday and will be picked up at the airport by someone with a CABTAL sign. When I write about Saturday later, I bet you I'll write that I had trouble finding him or couldn't remember what was supposed to be on the sign. You'll see.

Sunday I'll be going to a church service and that is all. Hopefully I'll be able to talk and meet people. I'll try very hard to come out of my shell for the day because it looks like if I don't I'll be stuck doing nothing and that would definitely be boring.

On Monday I'll be touring the CABTAL office and taking some classes, including one on 20 ways to insult an African. I will definitely pay attention in that class.

Tuesday looks to be interesting. I have classes most of the day, including one on what kind of pictures to take and one on Pidgin English! I'm excited for that.

Wednesday and Thursday I have audacity training. I don't know if that means audacity the adjective or the sound recording program or something else entirely, but I look forward to finding out what it is.

Friday definitely looks like fun. I have another class on Pidgin English in the morning, a class on courtesy and relationships after that and then I'm going to the central market with Julie. Julie, I don't know who you are, but I hope we get to be friends.

It doesn't look like I'm doing anything on the next Saturday, so that should be interesting, and on Sunday I'll be traveling to Bamenda. So, for everyone I was telling about the plane ride and subsequent car ride out to Bamenda, it's okay! I have a 25 hour plane ride but then I don't take the car ride until the next Sunday. I'd like to thank God right now for small blessings, because this sounds so much better than traveling for two days.

The rest of my schedule is not as specific. I won't be in Bamenda long, because I'm going to be in Kumbo on the 18th. In Kumbo I'll go to a VBS, share my vision for mother tongue scriptures, lead some devotions, and learn the language with students. That should be good and very exciting. I'll be in Kumbo for 12 days, then I'm going to Pinyin where I will be helping record the gospel of Luke. On July 8th, I'm going to Awing to do the same thing, and on the 15th, I'll be traveling to Babanki again to record Luke. It switches up on the  22nd, where I'll be going to __ to do some more recording (the name isn't included. Maybe they don't know where I'll be going yet. Sounds like fun.) This is very interesting because I didn't realize I'd be doing so much recording. I was told today that I'll be helping record Luke in three different language communities, so it is exciting. It should be great practice for me and very very interesting.

On the 30th, I travel back to Yaounde and debrief with the Wider leadership. Then I guess I have a day off because my plane doesn't fly out until August 2nd.

I'm really looking forward to this. It'll be scary because I'm traveling by myself and will be working and meeting with people I've never met before, but it's still exciting. Please do pray for my visa. It would be so wonderful if I got it tomorrow. And God could totally do that. But if He decides not to provide a miracle, I'm praying it comes in on Thursday. I say not to provide a miracle, but the fact that I'm going is really a miracle, so I just mean if He decides to let my visa take it's time.

Also, I still need some more financial support. Prayer is always welcome, but if you feel God is leading you to donate, you can go to wycliffe.org/Give.aspx, go to the missionary page and click on the link that says your missionary is not listed. Type in my name (please use Sarah Horton, not Karima) and my number 238952 and you should be good to go. Or, you could call in 1-800-wycliffe and donate that way, but make sure you specify that I'm an intern or they may have trouble finding me.

If you have any questions (for instance you're in Canada) please contact me at Sarahkarima@gmail.com and I'll get back to you soon. (Sorry, Canadians. I just don't know the Canadian details off the top of my head).

Thank you for reading! God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment